Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links. If you choose to purchase through them, I may earn a commission which helps me continue to create this content (at no extra cost to you). Thank you so much for your support.
Ehlie Luna is a Brooklyn-based, Haitian-American pro makeup artist, creative, and content creator specializing in the beauty space. She served as the key MUA with the New York City Ballet, where she blended theater and fashion by working with designers like Humberto of Opening Ceremony, Valentino, and Stella McCartney.
Her creative work has also been featured in commercials and ads for Broadway, and for brands like Kiss, Daily Paper and Facebook. As a content creator, she’s worked with brands like MAC Cosmetics, Pattern Beauty, Uoma Beauty, Beautyblender, Macy’s and more.
If you don’t know Ehlie, you will. She truly is a content creator’s content creator. Not only is her work stunning, but she really puts her unique spin on everything she puts out, whether it’s beauty tips, behind-the-scenes details of content creation, or anything else you might want to know as a creator. This is a two-parter because the conversation was just so good.
Becoming a Content Creator: The Value of Experience & Pushing Through Fear With Ehlie Luna Pt. 1
On Ep. 178, we cover:
- Ehlie’s background: How her upbringing influenced her work
- Her experience in the music industry: How living her dream was not the reality
- The value of experience: Why you shouldn’t be afraid to try other paths
- The biggest lesson she learned behind the scenes at the New York City Ballet
- How beauty can help develop confidence (even when you’re not in makeup!)
- Mindset, mental health, & preparing to pivot
- Her TEDx talk on quitting: How she prepared, pushed through her fear, and more!
Watch Two Things You Can Do To Stop Ruminating by psychiatrist and mental health educator, Dr. Tracey Marks
To connect with Ehlie: