Ready to go behind the scenes of Beyond Influential? As I get close to the 4-year anniversary of the show, I’ve received a lot of questions about my process, as well as podcasting in general (and it’s been way too long since I’ve done an episode on!).
On this week’s episode, we’re turning the tables and Shannon O’Donovan from my team is interviewing me. I’m answering the questions we’ve collected from Instagram, emails, DMs, and Beyond Influential Backstagers, and I’m excited to share it all!
On Ep. 167, we chat about behind the scenes of the Beyond Influential podcast:
- Why I started Beyond Influential and how it has evolved over time
- How I pitch guests to be on the show
- My interview process: How I prepare for interviews, connect with my guests, and actually conduct the interview
- My favorite episodes, hardest interviews, and my dream guests
- The vision for Beyond Influential moving forward, and so much more!
2:30 Why did you start a podcast?
11:00 How did you name your podcast?
15:32 How do you keep improving your skills as an interviewer?
22:59 How has being a guest on other shows affected your approach as an interviewer?
32:52 How has Beyond Influential evolved over time?
43:23 How do you decide who to interview?
1:09:38 How do pitch someone to be on the podcast?
1:16:47 How do you prepare for interviews?
1:23:25 How do you build rapport with your guests?
1:28:11 What do you do during an interview?
1:33:30 Which episodes have been your favorites so far?
1:40:46 Who are your dream guests?
1:45:15 What have been the hardest interviews?
1:50:30 Have you released any episodes you weren’t entirely happy with?
1:58:48 What’s the vision for Beyond Influential moving forward?
Recommended Books on Interviewing:
Howard Stern Comes Again, by Howard Stern
More Podcasting Resources:
Beyond Influential Episodes to Check Out:
- #63 Lauryn Evarts Bosstick of The Skinny Confidential on Evolving from Blogger to Businesswoman & How to Build an Empire on Authentic Influence
- #90 Dr. Joan Rosenberg on How to Build Lasting Confidence and Create a Life You Love
- #104 Divya Gugnani of Wander Beauty On What it Takes to Grow a Global Brand & Build Businesses That Scale:
- #112 Lindsay Silberman on How to Be Taken Seriously by Brands & Make a Living as a Full-Time Influencer
- #144 Lindsay Silberman On Creating a Luxury Product-Based Ecommerce Business That Sells Out in Minutes
- #154 (Part 1) & #155 (Part 2) The Perfect Pitch: Hollywood Insider Tips on How to Network with the A-List & Land Your Dream Guests with Christopher McDonald
- #156 Paco Underhill on the Psychology of Shopping and How to Use it to Get More Sales
Other Helpful Links:
Want to Support the Podcast?
Leaving a rating and review on Apple Podcasts goes a long way!
Take a screenshot while listening to the episode and share it in your Instagram Stories—and make sure to tag me @brittanykrystle!
To connect with me, Brittany Krystle:
*Full disclosure: Some of the links above are affiliate links. I will be compensated (at no extra cost to you) should you choose to purchase through them. Thank you in advance. (I appreciate you!)