*Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links. If you choose to purchase through them, I may earn a commission which helps me continue to create this content (at no extra cost to you). Thank you so much for your support.
“Should I have kids?”
“Do I want kids?”
“Will I regret becoming a parent?”
“Will I regret not becoming a parent?”
Indecision around parenthood is way more common than you think and it’s time to remove the shame and judgment from the topic by having open conversations like this week’s Beyond Influential episode.
Ann Davidman is a licensed marriage and family therapist, a motherhood and fatherhood clarity mentor, and the co-creator of the program and book, Motherhood – Is it for me?, which has been a trusted resource for women experiencing ambivalence about motherhood.
For the past 30 years, Ann has been coaching potential parents in a supportive and non-judgmental way to help them discover their true desire about whether they want to have children or live a childfree life.
On Ep. 175, we cover:
- How Ann started a business around parenthood indecision
- Motherhood & Fatherhood Clarity Framework: What it is & How it was developed
- The shifts and similarities over the decades on concerns and attitudes on parenthood
- How the decision is different for men vs. women
- Regrets & the myth of changing your mind
- “Do I want kids?” What factors you need to evaluate
- Destigmatizing a child-free life, what she would add to her book today, & more!
If you’re unsure about having children, I highly recommend checking out Ann’s book, Motherhood – Is it for me?, to help you figure out what’s best for you.
Want to Support the Podcast for free?
Take a screenshot while listening to the episode and share it in your Instagram Stories—and make sure to tag me @brittanykrystle!
To connect with Ann: