In Influential News is where I curate and highlight the influential and interesting news that has been catching my attention. These articles may be related to influence, branding, business, social media, pop culture, lifestyle, and any other relevant topics you need to know to create and live your own influential life.
In Influential News: March 2022
World News: Ukraine
- How to verify information involving the war in Ukraine, according to fact-checkers and experts (Twitter thread)
- The White House is briefing TikTok stars about the war in Ukraine
- How to avoid falling for and spreading misinformation about Ukraine
- Silicon Valley companies have been rewriting their rules during the war in Ukraine. Russia is retaliating.
- Russia will ban Instagram on March 14th
- Why are US gas prices soaring when America barely uses Russian oil?
Influential Celebrity News
- ‘Money Always Matters’: The Kardashians Tell All About Their New Reality TV Reign
- Why Kim Kardashian’s Advice to America’s Women Is Harmful
- Kim Kardashian and the Myth of the Self-Made Billionaire
- Britney Spears set to pen tell-all book in bombshell $15M deal
- Jessica Simpson’s Billion-Dollar Secret: ‘Being Underestimated Is a Superpower’
- “I Just Said, Fuck It”: How Jennifer Lopez Broke All the Rules to Get to the Top
- Rihanna and the Art of the Pregnancy Portrait Shoot
- Lizzo’s Next Era: The Pop Star on Her ‘Daring’ New Album and Pivoting to Reality TV
- Reese Witherspoon and Gwyneth Paltrow Push for Crypto Sisterhood
- Hailey Bieber’s Next Move
- Kanye West Enlists Hollywood Unlocked’s Jason Lee as His Head of Media and Partnerships
- Amy Schumer Broke Into a Boys’ Club. Now She Wants to Blow It Up.
- The celebs have gone crypto
- How the BTS ARMY turned their fandom into the future of entertainment
Influencers & The Creator Economy
- Casey Neistat’s David Dobrik documentary explores what happens when creators cross the line
- Casey Neistat and Christine Vachon on ‘Under the Influence,’ David Dobrik and the Perils of Social Media
- In Casey Neistat’s documentary, David Dobrik’s act unravels
- Julia Fox Will Come for You
- ‘Barbara Walters wasn’t a brand?’: Taylor Lorenz discusses journalism branding controversy
- How BookTok changed Book of the Month’s influencer marketing strategy
- Ulta Beauty commits millions to market Black beauty brands
- YouTube removes NELK Boys interview of Donald Trump for election misinformation, Trump responds
- Inside Digital Creator Tinx’s ‘Wild Ride’ from Kardashian Salad Critic to Celeb-Loved Advice Guru
- What Makes Bored Ape NFTs So Desirable?
- YouTube is reportedly paying podcasters to film their shows
- LinkedIn debuts its own podcast network
- Pinterest introduces “Takes” and new ways to watch, discover and shop at Creators Festival
- Snapchat will put ads within stories and share the money with creators
- Why Substack creators are leaving the platform, again
- Instagram launches new feature to help credit Black creators
- TikTok expands maximum video length to 10 minutes
Business & Entrepreneurship
- Being Single and Smart Is Bad for Young Women’s Careers, Study Finds
- I Worked Through a Miscarriage to Raise Money for My Startup. Here’s How I Learned to Prioritize My Health
- The Rise and Fall of the Management Visionary Behind Zappos
- How do you solve a problem like Joe Rogan?
- This CEO Lets His Employees Work Whenever They Want—From Wherever They Want
- Covid-19 Taught Americans How to Let Go of Their Steady Paychecks
- The rise of Canva, the $40 billion design juggernaut
- The Most Size-Inclusive Brand at Fashion Week
- Balenciaga Goes Where Fashion Hasn’t Dared Go Before
- Lil Nas X’s designer is redefining gender and Blackness in fashion
- See Birkenstock’s New Collection With Manolo Blahnik
- LVMH, Other Luxury Brands Raise Prices, Betting Wealthy Customers Won’t Mind
- Can the metaverse change the way we see style?
- The Football-Sized Clues That Tom Brady Was Never Really Retired
- LeBron James becomes the only member of the 30K-10K-10K club (that’s 30,000 points, 10,000 rebounds, and 10,000 assists)
- Wilt Chamberlain’s 100-Point Game Changed the N.B.A.
Scammers are Hot Right Now
- Hollywood Bets Big on the Bad Entrepreneur
- From ‘The Dropout’ to ‘The Tinder Swindler,’ your guide to TV’s most notorious scammers
- For Scammers, Style Is Part Of The Grift
- Netflix’s ‘Inventing Anna’ and the Cult of Anna Delvey Admirers