Maybe it’s from growing up in LA, but I’ve always been obsessed with the latest in pop culture and celebrity gossip. I’m from Calabasas – hello Kardashians! Running a business is a lot of mental energy, so it makes sense that nothing helps me zone out more than sitting with a glass of wine (or bourbon!) to consume mindless, guilty pleasure content.
Which is why I want to introduce you to someone who is not only fun to hang out with, but she gets to indulge in the entertainment world for a living! My guest on today’s Beyond Influential is infamous millennial entertainment journalist and host of the You Can’t Sit With Me Podcast (check out her episode with me here), Diana Espir, a say-what-she-thinks badass who has just as many insider scoops on the world of podcasting and entertainment production as she does the latest airing of Vanderpump Rules.
Diana fiercely unapologetic about what it’s really like behind the scenes in the entertainment industry. She is also incredibly insightful on everything from PR that works in today’s media-obsessed age. Dian also talks about her personal process on managing a booming podcast and top tips to breaking past the “media training” plastic of a Red Carpet interview.
Her specialty really is embracing no bullsh*t authenticity, and today we’re going to talk all about how being true to you – even if that “you” is a reality TV star – is your best advocate in business and life.
Trust me, you guys. This is one episode you do not want to miss (and honestly, it is so very LA… I’m in love).
#88 How to Stay Relevant in Pop Culture in a Social Media World with Diana Espir, I talk about:
- Advice on achieving an authentic & genuine Red Carpet interview;
- Editing tips & why breaking out of the predictable status quo is so essential for fresh, consumable content;
- All about “Media Training”, & the difference between doing something & owning it;
- Diana’s podcasting process, editing resources, favorite equipment, & interview strategies;
- What gossip is shareable & what should remain private in the entertainment industry, plus the difference between critiquing with humor vs. bullying;
- How much time Diana spends on marketing her podcast, editing audio, choosing keywords/titles, booking guests, planning interviews, creating social media graphics, & writing blog content;
- Diana’s approach towards brand sponsorships & pitches;
- Plus so much more!
Click here to join the Clarity Course
My episode on the You Can’t Sit With Me Podcast
To connect with Diana:
You Can’t Sit With Me Podcast | Instagram | Twitter
To connect with me, Brittany Krystle:
Instagram| Twitter | LinkedIn | Website | Facebook