One of my favorite quotes from Curb Your Enthusiasm is when Larry David is having a boring conversation at a dinner party and he completely (and awkwardly) changes the conversation because “I’m trying to elevate small talk to medium talk.”
Like Larry, I’m not interested in small talk either. So I want to introduce you to my guest this week who has been raising the bar on conversations happening on Instagram, Hitha Palepu.
Hitha Palepu is a multi-hyphenate entrepreneur, investor, mom, and the author of How To Pack: Travel Smart For Any Trip. Not only is her resume impressive, but she has been bringing a new level of conversation to Instagram with her #5smartreads every weekday that is educational and informational on a broad range of topics from business to healthcare. (And she’ll be launching her podcast, 1 Smart Thing, next month!)
On this episode, we cover:
- How Hitha got into the pharma business (not exactly the easiest one to enter!). How to win as a start-up in the healthcare industry
- Investing & Advising: How she got started & why she prefers to work with powerhouse female founders
- Networking: The importance of finding your tribe in business
- Her content creation evolution: from blogging to published author to bringing a fresh perspective to Instagram
- Why she walked away from a successful blog (& what’s next for her content!)
- How she stays productive while balancing work and family life…
- And more!