Dr. Kay is also a business owner, a mom, a content creator, and is considered a huge influencer in the medical and aesthetics industry. She has turned her Instagram presence into a larger brand with her own skin care line, events, speaking engagements and more coming up!
I don’t care if I sound like a broken record but I’m going to keep showing these wonderful examples of professionals who show up consistently online and how it explodes their business. Industry influence is real, and now, because of the brand she’s built, Dr. Kay can take her business and personal brand in any direction she wants, which is exactly what she’s doing.
In this episode, we cover a lot of ground. We talk about:
- how content has changed her business
- her content process and how she’s branded herself
- how she’s running (and now scaling!) her business to keep up with demand
- who is influencing what people want to look like
- influencer marketing – both working with influencers and as one herself
- how she can reconcile body positivity with the fact that she’s making changes to others
- what she tells teenagers who want work done
- when and how she says no to patients & more!
I really wanted to have this conversation because there is still such a stigma around the aesthetics industry. And there shouldn’t be. I do not think there is anything wrong with making enhancements or improvements when it comes from a healthy place. Whether we like it or not, appearance plays a large role in perception – not only how other people see you, but also how you see yourself. It’s a topic that seems to bring up a lot of feelings of shame and judgement, and it’s something most people don’t want to admit they care about or maintain.
Aesthetics is a huge business and only getting bigger. And it’s also not just for celebrities – these conversations around body positivity need to be happening openly because we are watching new generations grow up in a world where altering your appearance in some way is a regular thing – whether it’s Facetune, filters, injectibles, or surgery, so please enjoy my conversation with the very talented and accomplished Dr. Kay.
To connect with Beauty by Dr. Kay:
To connect with me, Brittany Krystle: